The photo retouching, I come back today! I'm not the first to talk about and certainly not the last either.
A French member, Valerie Boyer , had submitted a bill about it. It does not seem to have been on, but the question remains: Are photo retouching partially responsible for our excessive concern with respect to the weight of our obsession with thinness and our desire for perfection?
I have no answer to this question, but I must say that seeing pictures of Britney Spears before and after alterations made me a very foolish! Not so much in weight at the level of perfection of the color of his skin. Ok, its curves too! I'm really thinking that basically, it was like all of us, but it had better make up and foundation as mine!
I think the photos, like the choice of model are part of the problem and, therefore, that such legislation is in itself a good idea. However, these choices represent some of our social values: appearance, perfection, extreme thinness ... Maybe not to retouch photos allow a gradual change in values, who knows?
So I have no answer in this Saturday morning, just thinking. I wish in conclusion to emphasize the initiative of Elle Quebec with her makeup-free number (see photo of Caroline Dhavernas from the site of Elle Quebec)! The photos are beautiful! I participated in the Day without makeup and I must admit that it was not easy to live without mascara! But the time it gives for lunch! Wow!
0 comments:
Post a Comment