This morning, like every morning, I enjoy reading the blog of Dr. Yoni Freedhoff covering a guru of weight loss, a prominent researcher who is also partner of the chocolate company, Mars. Conflict of interests and values flagrante! In fact, in the field of research, conflicts of interest are ubiquitous. I also did meet recently, indirectly, that could not be trusted research results presented in the International Congress on obséité fighters have taken place in Stockholm on the Non Efficiency natural health products for weight loss, because the study was financed by a giant pharmaceutical manufacturer for a drug ... weight loss!
So who can you trust?
Indeed, cette information teinte mon appréciation de ces résultats de recherche. Cela ne signifie pas qu'ils ne sont plus valables, mais tout de même, un bémol à mon enthousiasme d'enfin pouvoir inclure ces résultats dans mes argumentaires au travail. Cette étude n'est pas une exception. Pour faire de la recherche, ça prend des sous et des sous, les pharma en ont. D'ailleurs, plusieurs produits de santé naturels pour la perte de poids appartiennent à des pharmas et leurs recherches sont également financées par ces pharmas . Aussi, certains évènements d'envergures, ur la perte de poids, sont financés par des produits pour la perte de poids. Bref, conflicts of interest are common, but how could it be otherwise?
Best research funding in Canada
I think it would be necessary to have a better research funding in Canada. We often talk about the exile of the brain. This is not an urban legend is a fact. This is one of the effects of too little funding. Students do not continue their higher education because the scholarships are too few and teachers can not pay all their students. I speak knowingly. I gave up my PhD recently. I made this choice for several reasons, not only because of lack of money, but I confess that the idea of having to give up my job to pursue my studies without sufficient funding weighed in the balance.
short, I would like greater transparency in the financment research in Canada and elsewhere, but must still provide the means!
0 comments:
Post a Comment