Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Constant Headaches Male

Health Promotion? Living

risks prevention in regard to the weight-related problems, it was about my mastery ago now over 4 years. At that time I was convinced that our programs to prevent overweight and obesity could create a growing concern over our weight and our health. Today? I'm more moderate and I understand the importance of preventing obesity, but I'm always anxious not to exacerbate an excessive concern with respect to the weight among the people targeted by these programs wishing to promote health.

The example of England
this morning dealt Gazette program established in England Will prevention of obesity among young people. Several parents received a letter from the National Health Service, notifying them that their children are overweight. The objective of the program is to act before problems arise and this, from an early age. However, the means chosen is questionable. Indeed, reading this letter makes parents feel inadequate. Some children felt denigrated and under section, a young 11 year old boy refused to eat.

Health Promotion?
I must say that I do not support the idea of diagnosing overweight in young children. This is a time of change and some children become adults wrapped thin. I'm all for the prevention of obesity and weight problems among parents through education to health and development environments (bike paths, parks landscaping job, free activities in the district, etc.) but the singling out parents based on the weight of their children?

More harm than good ...
The risk of stigmatization is real. Six years, eleven years ... is young to already start pernser its weight ... It's time for fun and it is at this age we develop our self confidence. It seems to me that this is not a positive option and it rsique create more problems for children and parents. In addition, a recently published research, conducted in Quebec demonstrates the difficulty of parents to be active and stay slim. Their child to point the finger at nothing to help their sense of parental competence. Encourage parent-child activities, regardless of weight. Health is also good parent-child relationships ... In closing, I invite you to read the ticket Dr. Arya Sharma on his blog and view this "> video of the Rudd Center about the stigmatization of young people with overweight in school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment